Learn Countable Nouns Definition and Examples in English nouns can be divided into two major types Countable nouns (pen) and Uncountable nouns (water).
Countable Nouns Definition:
Countable nouns are individuals which can be counted like people, animals, places, things, or ideas they are further divided into two categories:
Countable nouns can be singular or plural:
- My cat is playing.
- My cats are hungry.
We must use a word like a/the/my/this with singular countable noun
- I want an apple.
- Where is my cup?
When a countable noun is plural, use it alone
- I like apples.
- Cups can break.
- The children fell asleep quickly after a busy day of fun.
- The parade included fire trucks and police cars.
- We like the large bottles of mineral water.
- How many politicians does it take to pass a simple law?
- Vijay can play several different musical instruments.
- I ate an entire box of cookies.
Here is a list of 50 common countable nouns