Past Continuous Tense With Exercise in Urdu / Hindi PDF is explained with examples for simple sentences, negative sentences and interrogative sentences. Past Continuous Tense in Urdu, Tenses in Urdu, Tenses with examples
Note: You can practice Past Continuous Tense by translating the sentences given at the bottom. Your practice will be checked in the comment box.
Past Continuous Tense
رہا تھا، رہی تھی، رہے تھے۔
|He, she, it||was|
|I, we, you, they||were|
|Sub||HV + not||V1+ing|
Interrogative and negative:
Interrupted Action in the Past
یوز:جب کوئی کام جاری تھا اور اس میں کوئی رکاوٹ آ گئی یا کسی وجہ سے آپ کو وہ کام بند کرنا پڑایا تھوڑی دیر کا وقفہ آ گیا۔
- He was watching TV when she called.
- When the phone rang, he was writing a letter.
- While they were having the picnic, it started to rain.
- What were you doing when the earthquake started?
- She was listening to my iPod, so I didn’t hear the fire alarm.
Specific Time as an Interruption
یوز:جب کسی خاص ٹائم پہ توقف ہو۔
- Last night at 6 PM, they were eating dinner.
- At midnight, they were still driving through the desert.
- Yesterday at this time, I was sitting at my desk at work.
یوز:جب کوئی دو کام ایک ہی وقت میں جاری تھے۔
- I was studying while he was making dinner.
- While Ellen was reading, Tim was watching television.
- Were you listening while he was talking?
- I wasn’t paying attention while I was writing the letter, so I made several mistakes.
Repetition and Irritation with “Always”
جب ہمیشہ کچھ اکتا دینے والا روٹین کے ساتھ چل رہا ہو۔
- I was always coming to class late.
- She was constantly talking. She annoyed everyone.
- I didn’t like them because they were always complaining.
Place the adverb just after the subject.
- You were just studying when she called.
- Were you just studying when she called?
- You phoned while I was having a bath.
- When I got home yesterday, a cat was sitting on the roof.
- It started to rain just as we were getting ready to have our picnic.
- Many people were shopping in the market when the bomb exploded.
- When I went to bed last night the sun was already beginning to rise.
- It was lucky we weren’t sitting under that tree when the lightning hit.
- What were you doing when the lights went off last night?
- Were you watching me when I showed you how to do it?
- How fast was she driving when she had the accident?
- At this time last week I was lying on the beach in Florida.
- I had my car fixed because it wasn’t working
- Sorry, I wasn’t listening. Can you say it again please?
- What were you doing at 8 o’clock yesterday?
نوٹ: اگر آپ نے یہ ٹینس سیکھ لیا ہےتو نیچے دیے گئے فقرات کو انگلش میں ٹرانسلیٹ کریں۔ کمنٹ بوکس میں آپکی پریکٹس چیک کی جائے گی۔
- میں تصویر بنا رہا تھا۔
- سورج غروب ہو رہا تھا۔
- سعدیہ چائے بنا رہی تھی۔
- ہم محنت نہیں کر رہے تھے۔
- طالب علم امتحان نہیں دے رہے تھے۔
- وہ اسکا پیچھا نہیں کر رہی تھی،
- کیا ہم پیسے خرچ کر رہے تھے؟
- کیا سورج غروب ہو رہا تھا؟
- کیا لڑکیاں کیک بنا رہی تھیں؟